Dr. Mortensen is committed to outstanding patient care and strives to treat each patient as though they were his own family member. He believes in a conservative approach to treatment and plan each case based on the individual’s unique needs and goals. He looks forward to helping you achieve a beautiful smile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Biology – University of Utah
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Orthodontic certificate – St. Louis University
- Master’s degree in Dental Science – St. Louis University
Dr. Mortensen is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, meaning he is among a small percentage of orthodontists who are board certified. He strives to stay abreast of the latest techniques in orthodontics and regularly attends continuing education meetings and seminars.
Activity in the Dental Community
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Society
- Published Author – American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Outside the Office
Dr. Mortensen is a Utah native, raised in Taylorsville, and is a second-generation dentist. He recently celebrated his 11-year wedding anniversary to his wife, Amy Vranes. They have three children, Samuel, Ella, and Max.